EDUCATORS & SPECIALISTS
Using Breakthrough Technology with Evidence Based Practices
Engagement is Learning! Milo, an advanced robot designed specifically as a tool to teach individuals with autism social and behavioral skills resulting in the needed confidence to succeed academically and socially. Robots4Autism creates engagement, attentiveness and responsiveness to introduce, reinforce, and generalize social, emotional, and communicative skills. Through the clinically-tested curriculum with embedded evidence-based practices and innovative technology, educators and specialists leverage a powerful tool to make advances in social, emotional, and communication techniques that engage, enhance, and enrich the learning and lives of learners with ASD.
RoboKind has a solution: intelligent, interactive, social robots.
RoboKind’s Robots4Autism™ curriculum fills the gaps in schools’ abilities to meet the needs of a growing number of students and comply with the law. The most lifelike robot in the world delivers this research-based curriculum. The curriculum addresses four key areas:
- Emotional, including identifying facial expressions, learning how to respond to others, and labeling feelings.
- Social, including learning what to do and say in common situations and understanding who is a stranger.
- Conversation, including how to begin, maintain and end a conversation with adults and peers.
- Self-Regulation, including techniques to reduce physical responses to stress.
Download the Robots4Autism Scope & Sequence to review all of the specific curriculum modules.
Through interactions with Milo the robot, students learn to:
- Tune in on emotions
- Express empathy
- Act more appropriately in social situations
- Generalize in the population
The Robots4Autism curriculum uses evidence-based practices such as video modeling, social narratives, and visual supports, along with a human-like robot, to engage and teach K-12 students. Using Robots4Autism:
- Extends educators’ & therapists’ ability to provide treatment
- Reduces the cost of high-quality 1:1 instruction
- Simplifies data collection and documentation
Robots4Autism integrates a variety of evidence based practices shown to improve social skills in students with autism (tools most of us are already using), packaged together in a highly systematic way, and delivered using Milo.
In partnership, Robokind and The Autism Society are launching the Robots4Autism School Grant Program. The success of the Robots4Autism program to teach positive behaviors that learners with ASD adopt, is crucial for their success in school, their ability to better function in society …read more
We’re honored that so many school districts and therapy centers use Robots4Autism to teach social skills to their students. Take a look at how just a few of them are using Milo the robot to increase the learning performance of students with autism.